Saturday 29 March 2014

Viva La Mexico

It's 5.04pm and although my body tells me I should sleep (11.04pm back home),  I've whacked some Piz Buin allergy suncream on (yes, I am one of those fortunate people who is plauged with attractive heat rash) and am sitting on the rooftop in the 30 degree heat, fiercely ignoring the steady increase of red dots on my chest. 


Flight was long but made bearable by about a thousand episodes of The Big Bang Theory, a friendly Swiss fella sat next to me and this killer view as we came into land.


Eagerly awaiting the arrival of big sis but in the meantime we have the obligatory group meet up; a time where you awkwardly introduce yourself and secretly suss everyone out. 

I'll leave you with a few highlights of my afternoon:

1) When I understood the taxi driver's rapid (and complementary) Spanish -"yes, I have collected Madeleine...the one with the beautiful eyes".


2) "How long is it to Chichin Itza?" Me. "How long to Chicken pizza!?" (Driver could barely get his words out he was laughing so hard at his joke). 

3) Devouring an ice-cold frappe after 30 hour journey.


4) Looking up at the pretty pot plants above me.


5) A rather large lady happily lying in the tiniest black thong and nothing else...with not a care in the world.

6) The sound of bottle tops coming off beers and falling to the floor. 

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS