Wednesday 26 March 2014

Rainy Day #100 Happy Days

Typically, after a day like today, I would have most likely come home and bitched about it; only remembering and consequently focusing on the negatives. However, with this little challenge I am undertaking, I was forced to shift the memories of broken shopping bags in the rain, waiting for buses in the rain and general getting soaked scenarios to the nicer aspects of the day. 


For starters, lunch at Bills with this lady definitely perked up my rainy day. Great company coupled with bacon, avocado and spinach salad, broccoli with chilli and sesame seeds, sweet potato chips and (heart shaped!) capuccinos will do that for you. 



Then, at a particularly wet point in the afternoon, I remembered something which left me smiling from ear to ear as I trudged along. I asked a boy at school where the sunshine had gone as it was meant to be spring. He was silent for a couple of seconds, clearly deep in thought and finally responded with, "I think maybe the sun has gone off on an adventure to Africa today. But don't worry, it will be back soon". If only those fleeting years of endearing thinking could extend to adutlhood
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS