Monday 24 March 2014

100 Happy Days




...Wrong. Lets try and make the time.

This ingenious challenge basically requires you to document something that makes you happy every day for 100 days and share it. The challenge involves submitting a picture everyday but for some that might not always be possible, so why don't you do what I'm going to do and write them down in a notebook/ in a Facebook status/ on a blog instead? If you're anything like me, sometimes after a long day you lose sight of the small and somewhat inconsequential things that made you happy during the day. But if you are forced to reflect on them, I bet you will be surprised. Even just a small thing - the last seat on the tube, a slice of cake or talking to a nice dog (just me?)

"#100happyday challenge is for you - not for anyone else. It is not a happiness competition or a showing off contest. If you try to please / make others jealous via your pictures - you lose without even starting. Same goes for cheating."
Being mindful of what is making you feel happy is a fantastic concept and I'm definitely up for the challenge. Join me.



I suppose this could be thought of as a branch of mindfulness. I have found mindfulness to be very effective and I find myself significantly calmer when I truly take the time to practise. I try to be aware and focussed but at the same time, non-judgemental and accepting of what is happening in the moment; be it my emotions, thoughts or sensations. 

Anyway, moving on. Happiness today was coming across this little guy again on one of my favourite blogs.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS