Sunday 17 June 2012

What a weekend

Had a bloody fantastic weekend and although I'm super excited to head back to South Africa, I am sad that my fleeting visit (so it would seem) has come to an end.

So the weekend kicked off with a Friday night theatre trip to see 'The Suit', a wonderful South African production which was both laugh-out-loud funny and very poignant at the same time. Mum, Emma, Aunty Anna & sis in law Thit then decided that it would be a good idea to go to for post production drink. All I can say is 1 drink lead to 2...2 lead to 3 and so on. You can guess the outcome. I won't divulge too much but I will tell you this -mum & Anna had a few too many tequila shots and at one point mum was seen being thrown around the air by a very friendly and vivacious Indian fellow.


The next morning I woke up feeling distinctly average but was quite proud of the fact that I was up and out of the house by 9.15am. I met the beautiful Louisa and we had a delicious breakfast at a sweet little find in Balham. Having both had quite forceful longings to return to our beloved India, we ventured out into the world that is Tooting Bec, and to the closest you're going to get to India in South London. We spent a deliriously happy 4 hours perusing the countless shops, picking ourselves up some absolute gems along the way, before going to have the best curry I think we've ever had at a very authentic little joint on Tooting high street. 





Reluctantly we said our goodbyes (I can't explain how much I have missed and how much I will again miss Lulu) and I hopped on a bus to Wimbledon to meet Lucy Lu. Lucy is that friend that I hope each and every one of you have -the one that leaves you in stitches every time you are together. Within 2 minutes, we were heaving with laughter and my sides already had started to ache before we arrived at Katherines. Kath only brought more hilarity and before long, we were LOLling about (excuse the pun) all over the shop. She has just finished her set of law exams (yes she's a clever and funny cookie) so we thought an 'end of exams bash' was in order. Poor Sarah had broken down on the M25 so far more wine was consumed that should have been. I won't disclose the amount but it is fair to say, a lot was drunk. We attempted to be mature and sit down to a nice meal (which by the way was superb...balsamic glaze eat your heart out) but it was soon back to what we know and love best -more shenanigans. Thank the lord we didn't have the maddening idea to go out clubbing to some god awful establishment, instead opting for Sex & the City and pints of water. 



Naturally, I woke up feeling considerably under par again this morning but I had to keep the smile plastered to my face as we had the whole family round for Fathers Day celebrations. Mama served up an amazing meal of rare beef, spanakopita, lentil & giant couscous salad followed by homemade bakewell tarts. 'YUM' doesn't hack it. 





Tomorrow I will leave the wonderful London and head back to my home for the time being -that home being the equally magnificent South Africa. I'll miss people beyond belief but am giddy with excitement about being back with Rog again.

Speak to you when I'm back in the land of the springboks.

1 comment:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS