Sunday 3 June 2012


So we’ve learnt that I like passion fruit. Did I mention I also like lime? And tarts? So you can imagine my delight when I was casually perusing a magazine earlier, as always heading straight for the ‘food’ section and came across a recipe for ‘granadilla and lime tarts’ (there’s that word I loathe again). Not only do these tarts include those 3 wonderful components but they are made with ginger. Dear lord, I am in heaven.


Seeing as I am seldom lucky enough to have a kitchen while we’re on the road, I can’t try these out for myself just yet, but believe me I will soon. I’m heading back to England next week (just for 2 weeks) and I know already it won’t be hard to persuade my dear mummy to have a bake off with me. Especially if it involves passion fruit and lime tarts (passion fruit and lime being 2 things she loves almost as much as me; actually, I lie -no one loves passion fruit as much as me).

The only thing that would make these tarts better in my opinion would be if they somehow combined coconut in them. So that’s the plan for home time –passion fruit, lime and coconut tarts. Paradise.
For now though, I am going to copy the recipe I found for these exquisite looking ‘granadilla’ (*coughs) passion fruit tarts (grr). So here goes.

You will need:
FOR THE GINGER BUTTER CRUST

200g ginger biscuits

75g butter, melted

1 tbsp flour

FOR THE FILLING

¼ cup granadilla pulp

¼ cup lime juice

120g caster sugar
4 eggs
½ cup cream
Icing sugar for dusting



Method:
1)Preheat oven to 140ºC. For the biscuit base: place biscuits in a blender and blitz until smooth, add

butter and flour, blitz to combine. Press biscuits into the bases of 6x10cm tart shells. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.

2)Filling: place granadilla pulp, lime juice and sugar in a heat-proof bowl over a pot of simmering water; stir till sugar’s dissolved. Remove from heat, let it cool 

slightly, whisk in eggs, cream.
3)Pour the mixture into the prepared pastry bases; bake for 20–30 minutes or until firm. Remove, allow to cool. Dust with icing sugar and garnish with extra granadilla pulp.


I am salivating at the thought of these. I want them now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS