Wednesday 2 April 2014

You Better Belize it

10 hour trip to Belize. A lot of 'Heads Up' to pass the time. So happy to be here. 









The local motto for Caye Caulker is 'Go Slow' and we have adopted the way of life wholeheartedly. This paradise coconut island is one with golf buggies instead of cars and swings instead of chairs. The place is so relaxed it's practically horizontal. And for 2 days we have been more than happy to be horizontal. 























Yesterday was an amazing day. We spent the day sailing on the Ragga Prince, skippered by a couple of authentic Ragga Princes. Reggae booming out, circulating fruit and unbeatable views makes for a very happy day.

Snorkelling gear at the ready, we swam over beautiful corals and weaved our way through fish, turtles and sharks (vegetarian sharks in case you were concerned). Back on board the rum was flowing and seafood ceviche miraculously appeared if out of thin air. 













Sundowners and swimming at the Split and a visit to the dog orphanage. Safe to say I'll be going back there tomorrow. Sorry Lucy, I know I promised I would refrain from touching any dogs but I have failed at the first hurdle. These guys were begging for some attention and were so sweet and timid I just couldn't ignore them. 











The Go Slow culture didn't suit us quite as well later on when we were ravenously hungry and stupidly decided to pick the authentic restaurant with only one Belizean mama slaving away over a hot stove. My coconut barracuda and banana colada however, was worth the wait. 




A few renditions of 'Don't stop Belize-ing' and 'I Belize I can fly' at the bar down the street and I called a close on an incredible day. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS