Saturday 28 April 2012

4 months down...

So where did the idea of this blog come about? Well, I was driving down one of South Africa's notorious dusty and pot hole ridden gravel roads when it occurred to me how seldom this would be the reality in England, specifically London for that matter. I'm sure a lot of you are thinking, 'right, so this girl is going to compare England and SA, two countries that couldn't be more different, great'...and fair enough to you. But in the past 4 months living in South Africa, I have encountered countless weird and wonderful differences. From customs and food to expressions and sayings, I'm hoping will make at least a few of you chuckle. 

I adore England and it will be always be my home but Africa captured a place in my heart from the first time I visited 5 years ago and the love affair is only growing stronger. I am learning to adore South Africa with it's culture so opposing to what I have been used to for 23 years. I love to find inspiration from one culture and integrate into my own, so you can expect to find South African inspired recipes, photographs and descriptions of my daily exploits as I progress through my journey.

So whether you are English living in South Africa, South African living in England or just about anyone really, I hope you will enjoy my humble attempt of comparing these magnificent places.


1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited about this blog thing. Such a great idea.
    I miss you ma Madeleine.
    Love,

    Lou

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS